3/11/2006

leaving on a jet plane...

Ok, so the past 24 hours of my life have been absolutely insane. I been planning a business trip to Nashville over the last two months, and scheduling meetings and dinners and trips, etc. Now, all plans are coming to fruition. Well, the trip to the airport was an adventure in itself-- but the Lord blessed me with great friends :0 ) However, since my arrival, some things have been completely miraculous. One, as I sheduled these meeting, they are spread over three counties in Tennessee. When I scheduled them, I attempted to allot a fair amount of time for driving, but I had no idea how far apart some of these places were until I got here. However, as I mapquested the meetings, none of them are over 25 minutes apart-- and most are well under 15 minutes!! Completely amazing how the Lord's hand moved in the schedule to couple long trips together where all of the meetings are grouped according to location-- coincidence-- i think not, my friend.
Furthermore, the most amazing thing happened today. We are scheduling to hold a VBS at a local apartment complex in the Hispanic part of town, and as I went to go visit with the site contact today and take a look at the site of the future vbs madness, I couldnt help but stare. The apartments circle a small but jovial playground with a air-filled bouncing house to the side. More intriguing, inside the elements were several kids playing. It took me a minute to notice the ethnicity of the kids. The complex also houses a large SomaLi Bantu populations. I saw little hispanic kids playing with the bantu children and i wanted to weep. I realized that this summer, the Lord has sculpted these two groups to be together and he has placed middle to upper class bible-toting youth to jump into the mix this summer. What a clash of culture-- its fantastic. All three in one place-- I cant wait to see what the Lord is going to do with it! But for now, im running on about an hour of sleep, so same time, same channel... Psalm 16

3 comments:

Unknown said...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Hope you are having quite the adventure in Nashville. Jason and I are living it up in San Antonio. Later gator!

Kristen said...

Nothing wasted, my friend. Praise Him!

Anonymous said...

It is truly amazing how God takes care of the little things that in turn take care of the big things. I am glad things are well. get some sleep so you can come back to texas and not sleep.